In the “Do as I Say, Not as I Do” category, we find that Barack Obama and Joe Biden are more than willing to spread your money around, but are not so willing to let go of their own cash. Patrick Poole, writing at BizzyBlog, notes the following interesting tidbits:
- From 2000-2004, Obama’s charitable giving averaged less than 1 percent.
- During that 2000-2004 period Obama gave substantially less than the average family making more than $150,000, which averages giving of 2.2 percent of total income.
- Obama’s running mate, Joe Biden, was even stingier about spreading his wealth.
- In 2007, [Biden’s] charitable giving was only $995, or 0.3 percent of income in a year when his tax returns reported $319,853 in income.
- By comparison, John McCain gave more than one-quarter of his income in 2006 and 2007 (28.6 and 27.3 percent respectively).
Of course, none of this is a surprise to those whole have delved into the real Barack Obama. The guy can’t even lend a helping hand to his elderly aunt who languishes in a Boston slum. Just imagine what he has planned for the average American.